We all want beautiful teeth. We all want to look in the mirror and see gorgeous pearly whites staring back at us. For some of us, this is the norm because we have incredibly attractive, bright white teeth that most people would kill for.
On the other hand, many of us have to work really hard in order to have beautiful pearly whites. Most of us were not born with attractive bright white teeth, and we have to use whitening strips on a regular basis to get them looking as good as they do.
You may have found your way here because you are unhappy with the way that your teeth look. It’s understandable if you are looking for a way – or the right product – to finally have the white and attractive teeth that you’ve always wanted.
Not only will we share our top five favorite teeth whitening safety tips with you today, but we are also going to share important information that you need to know about the best teeth whitening strips.
Please use this information to find the best products to help you have gorgeous white teeth.
Do Whitening Strips Really Work?
As you can imagine, this is the number one question that people seem to ask. There are many teeth whitening products available, so people naturally wonder if they actually work.
Here are a few facts to help you get a better understanding:
- they are incredibly popular at the moment
- in the not so distant future, they will eventually outsell toothpaste
- the best ones are easy to apply
- they are less messy than other teeth whitening applications
- they are an inexpensive alternative to professional teeth whitening
As you can clearly see, whitening strips are gaining in popularity. And the reason they are becoming so popular is because they really do work. If you are looking for a fantastic way to whiten your teeth without having to pay top dollar at the dentist’s office, then this is the perfect option for you.
The Pros and Cons of Teeth Whitening Strips
We have reviewed them ALL! Find the best strips for you.
How Do the Best Whitening Strips Work?
To put it simply, teeth whitening strips are typically coated with a whitening gel that also contains peroxide. When the strip is applied to your teeth, it is effective because it helps to keep the whitening gel in place as it works to remove the stains and yellow and brown spots from your teeth.
The trick is that you have to keep the strips on long enough for the whitening gel to have a positive effect. If you do not leave the strips on long enough, the gel will not be able to penetrate the stains and build up long enough to begin to eliminate the stains and create the beautiful white color that you are looking for.
That’s why it’s so important to find the best teeth whitening strips to stay on your teeth. The longer they are there, and the longer they stay in place, the better benefits you will experience.
Are They Safe?
Safety is often a concern when it comes to whitening strips. Fear not, because dental strips of this type are incredibly safe.
At the end of the day, it’s important to recognize that the majority of the available strips are very safe. But there is one ingredient we recommend you look out for, and the ingredient is called chlorine dioxide.
You see, chlorine dioxide could have a potential negative effect on the enamel of your teeth. This substance contains acid, so if it’s applied to your teeth for a long enough amount of time, it could potentially wear away at the enamel on your teeth. Since this is the same acid used to disinfect swimming pools, it’s obviously an ingredient that you would much rather avoid. It’s better to be safe than sorry, so avoid whitening strips that contain chlorine dioxide at all costs.
Important Teeth Whitening Safety Tips
Safety is always of the utmost importance when it comes to taking care of your teeth. Obviously, the better you take care of your pearly whites, the better off you are going to be.
With that in mind, please pay close attention to the teeth whitening safety tips that we are about to share with you right now:
- Read the instructions carefully – before using any teeth whitening strips or other teeth whitening products for that matter, it’s always best to make sure that you read and understand all of the instructions. By reading and following the instructions, not only are you protecting your precious teeth, but you are also giving them a fighting chance at looking their absolute best once the whitening process is complete.
- Always use products from teeth whitening brands that you trust – if you’ve never heard of a particular product, it would be in your best interest to look them up online to find out additional information. Make sure previous customers are happy with the product, and find out if it has an excellent reputation. You do not want to potentially throw away your money on products that do not work. Or worse, you do not want to spend money on products that might end up causing more harm than good. So choose dental strips that come from reputable brands that you know, like and trust.
- Ask your dentist for a recommendation – if you are afraid of picking one brand over another because of problems with your teeth, then you could always ask your dentist to recommend a specific teeth whitening brand. This may work to your advantage because getting a recommendation directly from a dental professional, based on your specific needs, could very well be exactly what you need to make the best choice.
All in all, choosing the best whitening strips does not need to be a difficult decision. Make sure that the safety of your teeth is always a number one priority when picking products of this type.
Is It Possible to Overuse Them?
Another question that many people ask is whether or not it’s possible to overuse whitening strips.
Here’s an important fact:
Dentists have come to recognize that certain patients become obsessed with whitening their teeth. These patients do it so often that dentists actually created a name for this condition. The condition is known as bleachorexia.
At the end of the day, if you whiten your teeth with strips too often, you open yourself up to potential negative side effects that include:
- irritated gums due to too much exposure to carbamide peroxide
- receding gums
- brittle teeth
- chalky teeth
- thin teeth
Clearly, overusing teeth whitening strips presents its own negative side effects. Make sure to always follow the directions carefully on the box so that you do not accidentally overuse the product. It can lead to serious negative side effects as you can tell by the info listed above.
Foods That Stain Teeth
To close things out, it’s important to note that there are certain foods and substances that stain your teeth. We will share a brief list of some of the main culprits so that you know to avoid them if you are trying to have beautiful pearly whites.
Types of food to avoid to prevent stained teeth include:
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce
- ice pops
- tomato sauce
- red wine
- hard candy
If you are trying to have the whitest teeth possible, then it would be in your best interest to avoid, at all costs, the foods mentioned on this list.
In the end, we all want whiter teeth. Please use this information to experience the wonderful benefits of teeth whitening strips.